Responsibility of tax authorities in territory of Karelia:
- control and supervision of observance of the taxes-and-duties legislation, calculation accuracy, completeness and timeliness of paying taxes and duties in corresponding budgets, observance of the currency legislation of the Russian Federation within the scope of the competence of tax authorities;
- official registration of legal persons, natural persons as individual entrepreneurs, peasant (farm) enterprises;
- conducting territorial sections of uniform state registers of legal persons, individual entrepreneurs, taxpayers;
- representation of requests for payment of compulsory payments and requests of the Russian Federation concerning money obligations in bankruptcy cases and in bankruptcy proceedings;
- free-of-charge provision of information for taxpayers in compliance with the Administrative Rules and the Uniform Standards of Service to Taxpayers;
- refund or offset of excessively paid or excessively collected amounts of taxes and duties, as well as fines and penalties in compliance with the procedure established by the legislation of the Russian Federation.